Friday, January 31, 2014

SCACD Digital and Rubber Stamp Hop

Earlier this month SCACD released the Montage collection of rubber stamps, a total of 26 rubber stamps with a contemporary yet classic look that will make them a fantastic addition to your stamping toolbox for years to come. They are available now for purchase HERE both in full sheets and as smaller sets. SCACD has also unleashed 12 fun and fresh SCACD Digital images for purchase HERE.

The SCACD Design Team along with some very cool guests have created a truly fun filled hop showcasing the new SCACD digital and rubber stamps. You should have arrived Delphine's blog. If you missed part of the hop list then check out all the details at the Store Blog today!

I have two projects to share with you today The first is using the absolutely FIN-tastical Wild, Free, Happy Digital Image.


It was a ton of fun to color (hee hee - a ton). Once done, I edged the paper with Silver Stickles, but the same technique can be used with silver embossing powder.

Copic Colors Used:

  • Y32, 35, 38
  • YR61, 65, 68
  • BG70. 72, 75, 78
  • C3, 5, 7
  • RV21, 23, 25, 29

My second project for today is using the new Red Rubber set called Customize Your Koi Pond.

For this project I created the background "water" first, using my airbrush and Copics. B32, 34 and BG32 and 34 were airbrushed onto my typical white paper. I splotched it, so that it would have a mottled look. After that was done, I added the koi fish with Versafine and then clear embossed them. The lily pads were stamped on a separate piece of paper, and then colored with a feathering technique. G20 was the base color, and then I feathered out the G21 from the center of each pad. V20 and 22 were feathered inwards from outside the lily pads. I was trying to mimic some of the pictures I had seen online. The lily pads were cut out and then layered over the koi. The flowers were then airbrushed with the same greens and purples of the lily pads. 

The next step on your journey is to visit Suzanne! Her stuff will rock you!

Again, the rubber stamps are available in full and smaller sets at the SCACD Store, and the Digi sets are available for purchase in the Digi section of the store.

International Customers:
The digital images can be purchased HERE.  The new rubber stamps can be purchased at QUIXOTIC PAPERIE for our International Friends.

Thanks and I hope I see you all again soon!



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness! Loving both, Alaine. :)

    Elaine http://www.quixoticcards.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Alaine! I love your designs! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaine, these are both fabulous. The way you colored your first piece is gorgeous, and your choice of backgrounds is perfect. Your Koi Pond piece looks so real and has so much dimension to it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm in love with your Orca. I bet no one ever told you that before!

    It's beautifully colored and I also love the design.

    The Koi Pond piece looks fabulous and dimensional and altogether very cool. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful, Alaine! I love how you made the orca all silvery and such pretty details in the ribbons. :)

    ReplyDelete